Rejuvenation

Our Roots

Company History

Rejuvenation House Parts was founded in 1977, but the story really begins in 1975 - when Jim Kelly purchased a condemned saloon in a rough-hewn Portland, Oregon neighborhood for $1,000.

During two years of extensive renovations, Kelly had a difficult time finding the lighting and house parts he needed to preserve the historic character and details of his small building.

Recognizing an opportunity, he decided to use his small storefront to serve the needs of likeminded old-house renovators. After borrowing $2,500, he opened what was essentially a specialized junk store selling architectural salvage – things like doors, windows, light fixtures, clawfoot tubs.

Despite his network of house wreckers and junkyard scrap dealers, Kelly learned early on that demand often exceeded supply - especially for period-authentic light fixtures.

Not knowing better, Kelly decided he could do better himself. Using antique fixtures as models, he hired his first "manufacturing" employee to start making basic reproduction Victorian and early-20th-century ceiling fixtures and wall brackets.

By 1982, strong demand encouraged Kelly to create a mail-order catalogue. The first version, in black and white, was assembled on his dining room table. By 1985, the mail-order business represented 75% of sales and was given its own identity, as Rejuvenation Lamp & Fixture Company.

Rejuvenation has remained in Portland's central city, but growth has dictated four moves and expansions since the original 900-square-foot store.

In 2011, Rejuvenation joined the Williams-Sonoma, Inc. portfolio of brands. Today we offer a wide range of products, including furniture and home décor, and have four retail stores.

First_store

Skidmore_staff

Our Factory

The factory is now in its fifth location – known as "Plant No. 5." The 1939 streamline building, originally a bag factory, was purchased and renovated in 1998. Rejuvenation is the second owner and tenant of this 87,000-square-foot facility, and many of the company's 150 employees work in the building, which includes company offices and lighting manufacturing.