Chicago Pendant Item # A1976
Designed in the earliest days of electric lights, the Chicago Collection is based on fixtures we found in an 1883 catalogue from S. Bergmann & Co. of New York. If that name sounds familiar, it may be because Sigmund Bergmann was Thomas Edison's partner. While Edison worked on his light bulb, Bergmann worked on the means to show it off. He adopted the wire shade clips to suit an electric fixture, and added the metal shade to better reflect the dim light of Edison's bulbs.
The shade clips allow the shade to float slightly, which creates a halo of illumination around the socket. The Polished Brass interior of the shade creates a flattering, golden quality of light.
- Shade clips and shade interior finished in Polished Brass only
- Built to order to your custom specifications in our Portland, Oregon factory
- Turnkey socket
- Uses 60W max bulb
- Customizable to any length: 10" to 48" at no charge, and longer for a small charge
- Choose standard incandescent or energy-efficient GU24 sockets
- Suitable for indoor use (UL Rated Dry)
- Built in the U.S.A. of domestic and imported parts
Need to know all about the details of this product? Get the full set of specs right here.
Want to chat?
We'd love to help you pick the right product or answer any questions you may have. Try our live chat or call us at 888-401-1900.
You May Also Like
Call us at 1-888-401-1900
- Mon - Fri
- 6am - 6pm PST
- 7am - 5pm PST
- 9am - 3pm PST