Drake Item # A9113
Customize This Product
Just like old houses, the realm of period lighting has its quirks, surprises, and charming oddities - qualifications that artistic fixtures like the Drake easily meet.
But if flying bats and coiling serpents tweak our modern sensibilities, consider that these fixtures are replicas of a late 1800s original. As eccentric and interesting as the Drake is today, imagine what the folks who first bought it - over 100 years ago - were like. That's pretty good company, we think.
We're always curious about where folks put this fixture. The Drake has graced stairwells and porches, entries and bedrooms, and at least one belfry…
This Bat and Serpent design originates with Celtic mythology and symbolizes the triumph of science and modern medicine over witchcraft.
Inspired by the Art Nouveau and Victorian fondness for artistic design, our Sunset and Drake fixtures are hand cast using the lost-wax technique to capture all the stunning detail of a circa 1892 period original. And we do mean original!
- Lost-wax cast bronze bat and snake
- Built to order to your custom specifications in our Portland, Oregon factory
- Ribbon-style stem and half-ball canopy
- Compatible with 3-1/4in. shades
- Suitable for indoor and covered outdoor use (UL Rated Damp)
- Assembled in the U.S.A. of domestic and imported parts
You May Also Like
Call us at 1-888-401-1900
- Mon - Fri
- 6am - 6pm PST
- 7am - 5pm PST
- 9am - 3pm PST