Trimmed Push-Button Three-Way Dimmer Switch Item # C0038
Use this switch when you want to control a light from more than one spot in your home (like the top and bottom of a staircase). It features heavy-duty construction and two buttons with authentic mother-of-pearl-style inlays. The top button acts as the on/off, while the bottom button rotates to adjust the light level.
Push-button switches were installed in homes as early as 1891, and were the most popular type of switch through the 1920s. Though they were eventually phased out by the toggle switch in 1950s, there has been a resurgence of interest in using push buttons again.
- 120 volts/600 watts
- Two of these switches will fit side by side in a junction box; however, to facilitate heat dissipation, reduce the wattage to 400
- These switches can be used with compact fluorescent and LED bulbs if those bulbs have dimmer functionality
- You can control the lights on a fan fixture with these switches, but not the fan speed
- When ordering three-way switches you MUST have a mechanical three-way switch (C0547) at one end of the circuit. There can only be one dimmer in a three-way circuit.
- Complete the look with heavy-duty forged-brass Lewis Switchplates
Need to know all about the details of this product? Get the full set of specs right here.
Want to chat?
We'd love to help you pick the right product or answer any questions you may have. Try ouror call us at 888-401-1900.
You May Also Like
Call us at 1-888-401-1900
- Mon - Fri
- 6am - 6pm PST
- 7am - 5pm PST
- 9am - 3pm PST
Need assistance with handcrafted solutions? Call us at 888-401-1900, useor email customer service.
Trimmed Push-Button Three-Way Dimmer Switch