Assembler/Craftsman (Seasonal) ( Portland )
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Assembles, finishes, and tests the company's lighting fixtures and hardware. This includes, but is not limited to, the processes of prepping, kitting, glass-cutting, metal finishing, assembly & wiring, and UL testing.
• Hand rubs out and brushes parts required for our various finishes.
• Process orders through the Assembly Prep/C-Parts area.
• Assembles and installs electrical wiring of all lighting fixtures.
• Performs UL test and labels all lighting fixtures.
• Prepares fixtures, hardware, and parts, i.e. wrapping, bagging, labeling, boxing, etc.
• Rotates into the polishing room as needed. This includes polishing parts on buffing machines, touch-up, and machine brush finish operations.
• Performs in line quality check for prior process acceptability including a quick check for omissions.
• Performs certain scheduled maintenance on designated equipment.
• Contributes to the continuous improvement of manufacturing processes.
• Provides training and or instruction to others.
• Collaborates other employees to complete orders and solve problems.
• May be asked to do any job in Manufacturing to satisfy customer demand.
• Complies with all safety rules regarding chemicals, machinery and equipment.
• Complies with company policies and handbooks.
• Any other duty as assigned by management.
• Daily contact with employees in Manufacturing
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Moderate levels of English speaking, reading, writing, and reading, comprehension.
• Low to Medium levels of active listening, mathematics, learning, instructing, coordinating, and service orientation.
• Low levels of problem solving, and equipment selection and maintenance.
• Adequate hand dexterity to work with required hand and power tools.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school education or equivalent.
• Experience with machinery, hand tools and assembly desired.
• Experience with Lean Manufacturing desired.
• Ability to occasionally lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to continuously see with visual acuity, stand, and balance.
• Ability to frequently hear, sit, and walk on even surfaces.
• Ability to frequently use arms, wrists, hands, and fingers repetitively and frequently grasp.
• Ability to occasionally talk, stoop/bend, twist, walk on uneven surfaces, climb stairs, reach above shoulders, and squeeze.
• Exposure to medium levels of noise.
• Exposure to moderate outdoor and indoor temperatures of cold and heat.
• Non-air conditioned environment.
• Non-smoking environment.
• Exposure to dust, chemicals, fumes, flammable materials, dirt, grease, metal, and electrical equipment.
Your qualifications will be compared to the requirements of the currently open position for which you applied. NOT EVERYONE WHO APPLIES WILL BE CONTACTED. Human Resources will contact only those candidates who most closely fit the job requirements.
Rejuvenation requires a pre-employment drug screen. You must be able to provide documentation proving your eligibility to work in the United States.
Rejuvenation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.