Human Resources Representative (Portland, OR)
SUMMARY OF JOB:
We are looking for a sharp, intuitive individual with excellent relationship building and project management skills to join our HR team. This position requires a high degree of accuracy, professionalism, and confidentiality. The primary responsibilities will be management of our payroll functions and coordination of our full-cycle recruitment needs.
Additionally, this position will collaborate with other HR staff to serve the human capacity of the company including manufacturing, retail, call center and corporate associates spread across five locations throughout Oregon, Washington and California. This role partner's with the HR team to identify, create, implement, revise, and maintain HR policies, programs, and functions according to company directives and values.
- Manage all correspondence, interview schedules, offer and promotion letters and job postings.
- Produce staffing reports.
- Manage the Job Requisition process, including tracking in system and communicating with Recruiters and Hiring Managers.
- Manage travel arrangements for external candidates
- Coordinate reference, drug and background screens as required.
- Manage all aspects of resume tracking, including scanning, acknowledgement and database updates.
- Input budget information including data entries for travel, advertising, etc.
- Assemble recruitment packets.
- Act as main liaison between WSI and outside temporary placement agencies.
- Interact with hiring managers, WSI associates, external applicants and vendors.
- Manage all aspects of new hire on-boarding including new hire orientation, coordination of workspace setup and first 90 days of on-boarding activities.
- New hire entry into HR and Payroll systems.
- Process payroll to ensure timely and accurate payment of wages.
- Produce payroll reports as needed.
- Input changes and data entry into payroll system.
- Act as back-up System Administrator for payroll system, including user setup and maintenance.
- Act as liaison with payroll vendor.
- Maintain accurate payroll records.
- Primary resource for a broad range of associate HR questions including: answering benefit and payroll questions, interpreting policies and procedures for associates, processing associate changes in HR systems, providing HR and payroll reports as needed.
- Facilitates leave and workers’ compensation communication and accommodation with vendors, managers and associates.
- Participate in safety programs and committees, as needed, to ensure a healthy and safe working environment.
- Assists in the exit process of terminating associates.
- Recommends HR policy and process improvements.
- Create, maintain and analyze reports for turnover, performance review tracking and annual pay review process.
- Conduct best practices research and analysis of current practices.
- Serve as back-up to other HR staff members.
- Comply with company handbook and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- All supervisors, managers, and employees.
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. partners and resources.
- Payroll, Staffing and other external vendors.
- None, but may direct the work of others.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Moderate to high levels of English reading comprehension, writing, speaking, and active listening.
- Moderate to high levels of critical thinking, monitoring, negotiation, instructing, service orientation, complex problem solving, judgment, attention to detail, documentation, flexibility, and confidentiality.
- Moderate levels of leadership, research, time management, originality, reasoning, troubleshooting, systems analysis and evaluations, quality control, operating, coordination, persuasion, and learning strategies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least two years of combined experience in Human Resources.
- Retail experience preferred.
- Experience with HRIS and Payroll programs (Ceridian experience preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Continuously see and balance.
- Continuously have repetitive use of arms, wrists, hands, and fingers.
- Frequently hear, talk, sit, stand, and operate hand controls, and use of computer.
- Intermittently lift, carry, push, and pull up to 25 pounds.
- Intermittently stoop/bend, twist, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb stairs and ladders, operate foot controls, reach above shoulders, and squeeze.
- Exposure to dust, chemicals, fumes, flammable materials, grease, dirt, metal, stacked materials, electrical equipment, and non-airconditioning.
- Exposure to medium noise levels, moderate outdoor temperatures, and extreme indoor temperatures.
- Long, odd, or weekend hours may be required.
- Some in and out-of-state travel required.
- Please visit the Williams-Sonoma career site HERE to apply.
Your qualifications will be compared to the requirements of the currently open position for which you applied. NOT EVERYONE WHO APPLIES WILL BE CONTACTED. Human Resources will contact only those candidates who most closely fit the job requirements.
Rejuvenation requires a pre-employment drug screen. You must be able to provide documentation proving your eligibility to work in the United States.
Rejuvenation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.