Share your style: #myonepieceAdd Your Photo
Extra Large Bronze Entry Sconces Item # R7048
The Romance Revival period was characterized in lighting design by a free mixture of styles, with influence from many sources - Classical, Colonial, Tudor, Gothic, Medieval, Moorish, and sometimes pure Hollywood storybook fancy. Typically dating from the 1920’s and ‘30’s, Romance Revival fixtures are exuberant and warm, often brightly painted with polychrome finishes, and capped with artistic flourishes like crystal drops, heraldic shields, cast crenellated medallions or elaborate stamped-metal botanical patterns. Though mass produced, many feature faux rivets and hammering, as though wrought by hand; a nostalgic reminder of bygone pre-industrial days. Originally emerging from the birth of Hollywood spectacle and the elaborate movie palaces that sprang up around the nation, the style thrived through the Depression era, as people yearned for relief from the bleak realities of daily life. Both quaint and austere residences enjoyed this style, and you find Romance Revival lights in countless English, Colonial, Mediterranean, and other Revival-style homes and buildings across the nation.
- Historical Style: Romance Revival
- A remarkable pair, salvaged from the entrance of an impressive building, no doubt.
- A mix of historic revival styles are at play – most notably Gothic Revival, with the wonderful peaked architectural panes, colored by textured amber glass.
- Cast in bronze with the original patina adding character to this impressive
- Condition Notes: Plenty of wear in the original finish.
- Bulbs not included.
Need to know all about the details of this product? Get the full set of specs right here.
Want to chat?
We'd love to help you pick the right product or answer any questions you may have. Try our or call us at 888-401-1900.
Need assistance with handcrafted solutions?
email customer service.
Extra Large Bronze Entry Sconces