Portrait of Sister Nelly Framed Reproduction Wall Art Print
This Reproduction piece features original artwork by Jan Toorop from 1886. A Dutch-Indonesian painter influenced by the Amsterdam Impressionism movement, Toorop practiced many styles, including Symbolism, Art Nouveau, and Pointillism. "Portrait of Sister Nelly" features Petronella Alida Goudkade, known as Nurse Nelly, and is one of the first works in Toorop's lengthy series of portraits. Nelly worked as a parish nurse in a Hague hospital, and had this portrait done shortly before she married writer Ary Prins in 1894. Our Wall Art Collection is curated and reproduced in partnership with the Rijksmuseum. Sourced from around the globe, each piece is made using advanced printing technology faithful to the original medium—offering authentic artwork to bring history into your home. With every purchase, you’re supporting the preservation and reproduction of historic works.
Details You'll Appreciate
- Detailed Reproduction of artwork by Jan Toorop
- As a Public Domain work of art, the purchase of this piece supports the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam
- Natural wood frame with acrylic glaze
- Assembled in the USA of domestic and imported parts
- Wipe clean with lightly dampened cloth as needed